Saturday, March 13, 2010

Barzhini! Tonya's Brainchild


I've been lucky enough to meet with brilliant and beautiful Tonya Hall a few times lately for talk and yummy food.  It's about time I wrote about it. Besides many, many (many, many, many) other topics, we discussed Whole Wheat Treats, LLC (i.e. Sean and Marshall), teenage prodigies of the video world.  (See past blog entries on Barzhini commercials).  I was educated on the fact that Sean and Marshall are part of Barzhini and actually work for Tonya.  Lucky guys! 

Barzhini, a company based on the idea that social media such as Twitter and Facebook possess the power to pass along information and ideas at a more rapid rate than traditional mediums and therefore make for a fabulous way to promote, is not afraid to take gifted young people and give them an opportunity to prove themselves.  That might seem like a gamble, but in Tonya's case, she feels the odds are very much in her favor when it comes to her hand-picked team.  I agree!

Another quality of Tonya's is the personal touch.  Meetings with Tonya are never boring and they always begin and end with a hug.  You have to love that.  In my opinion, they are how all meetings should be.  How much more productive would you be if your boss began each meeting with a truly genuine inquiry into your life and passions, passed along a little praise, then got down to business while you both enjoyed something delicious?  This method should be passed along...  Spread the word.

I'm adding Tonya to my list of people I both admire and consider my friend.  I've linked her website to this blog, so check it out!  Click here.  Yes, now!  And no, she didn't ask or pay me to say any of this.  :) 
        
P.S. Tonya, I hope you don't mind that I swiped the photo from your website.  Want to do lunch?  

No comments:

Post a Comment