Sunday, February 21, 2010

Filming Day for Barzhini or A Day in the Life of Celebrities

I can't say I was expecting filming day to be quite so... entertaining.  I always expect to make new friends and hopefully do a good job, but I actually miss my pretend company of incompetent indiots.  We all arrived a couple hours early to allow the beautiful Kelly to make us all pretty with her ten pound case of Mac.  It's quite fun to watch men get their makeup on--they look so uncomfortable.  Except for AC and Denim, that is--our seasoned actors who act like having someone put makeup on them is what they do every day.  Maybe it is.

Our fearless leaders had some impressive looking equipment and let me do the filming once they realized I had a natural talent for it.  (See photo for proof).  It was difficult to both film and act in the commercials, but I pulled it off.  Alright, Santa (AKA Denim), snapped a photo of me behind the camera when no one else was looking.  I could've done it though.

Denim Pete delivered his lines with gusto and looked like he was meant to sit at the head of the conference table.  I stayed focused and stopped laughing at all the men long enough to stumble through my two lines.  I'm going to blame the two and a half hours of sleep I got the night before for my absolute loss of the power of memory.  I'm lucky, actually, to be remembering enough to write this blog.  What was I saying?

AC and Austin were the perfect duo and fought like best friends in fifth grade.  They made acting dashingly juvenile look easy.  Oh, wait, maybe it is...  My BFF Tucker was BRILLIANT at sleeping on the job, but really shone during the scene when everyone tries to get away from posessed me.  It was the thumb-sucking that really brought the whole scene together.  I didn't get to actually see it all, as my eyes were rolling up in my head at that time, but I saw clips later.  Hilarious!!! 


I'll leave it there for now.  I'm off to Vail for a shoot and haven't actually finished packing yet.  I should do that.  Stay tuned for all about Troy, the strong and silent and Mark who keeps asking for his business card back....

  

1 comment: